[IP] MM and a surprise bill from 2001?

I seem to remember some discussion a while back and some folks were saying
that all of the sudden they got a bill from minimed for supplies a few years
 ago. I got a bill from them saying that I owe my copay of 301.00 from the
year of 2001.  I find that hard to believe that I did not pay them for the
entire year.  If I did not pay them as they claim then I would probably not be
getting my supplies in 2002 and 2003, which I did and am getting with no
 problem. So, my question is, how did you all figure this mess out? I am so mad
 because I know I paid that and unfortunately, I did not save my returned checks
to prove it.  Thanks.
~Donna K