RE: [IP] Disappointed in ER (the TV show)

I watch the show religiously as well.  They have also had inaccuracies
about HIV, another medical area with which I am familiar.  I too noticed
the scene(s) and thought they were a bit off.  For one thing, she got
mad at Kovac and it wasn't even his fault the boy was there and chose to
eat ice cream.  He was just being nice and had no way of knowing that
the kid was diabetic.  I think it's the parent's responsibility (hers)
to teach her son correctly so that he wouldn't have chosen ice cream, or
at least taken insulin to cover it.  However, when I'm low I don't
always make the best food choices either.  I also thought that it was a
little fast for the kid to be going into DKA from just being low.  The
340 BG I can understand, but DKA and fruity breath, no.

I thought about emailing them, but I once did this with NBC and they
sent back an auto response saying that my message would be deleted
without being read.  Maybe a written letter would have more impact.  I
think it would be an interesting story line for the kid to go on a pump,
but in thinking about it now, they'd probably get that all wrong too and
end up giving the public misinformation on that too!

Antonio in Los Angeles
Age 37, Type 1 for 10 years
Paradigm 512