[IP] Re: Need Carb Couting Book

> <snip> I would like a book that shows
> more of how to look at something and 'guesstimate' the carbs.  I had a
> dietitian that did some of this with me, but I need a refresher, and
> more guidelines would be helpful.

If you need visual aids: A cup is the size of your fist; a half cup is the
size of a tennis ball; an ounce of cheese is a domino; 3 oz meat is a deck
of cards; a 1 oz hamburger will fit in a mayo lid. Miracle Whip used to have
very wide-mouthed jars and that lid was the size of 3oz (quarter-pounder
cooked) burger. I once bought a McD's regular hamburger but didn't eat it,
took it home and weighed just the meat = one ounce!

A diet is a weigh of life.