RE: [IP] Need Carb Couting Book

I think you about have to practice this art at home.....:)

Margo

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Juan Antonio
Dominion
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 2:56 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Need Carb Couting Book

Does anyone know of a good carb counting book?  I'm looking for one that
shows pictures of various foods, like a plate of pasta, and gives the
carb amount.  Not a verbal discussion or list of carbs (those I can look
up).  I'm talking about for foods that can't be practically measured
(like pasta on a plate in a restaurant).  I would like a book that shows
more of how to look at something and 'guesstimate' the carbs.  I had a
dietitian that did some of this with me, but I need a refresher, and
more guidelines would be helpful.

Thanks for any input!

Antonio in Los Angeles
Age 37, Type 1 for 10 years