[IP] Re: DKA is what the dx was

After reading about your experience with your daughter, I'm glad that
 everything worked out okay. However, I think you are putting way too much blame
 her. After reading your events of what happened, it's hard to see what she did
wrong.  She did come get you when she initially started to feel bad, and you
told her to go to bed because her bs was in an okay range.  Once it started
getting out of control, her ability to think and act normally was almost a
physical impossibility.  I know that when I was a teenager and even now as an
 adult, I never wanted to burden my parents/husband/kids, etc. with any diabetes
 related issues. It can be a very lonely disease because unlesss you have it,
can't really understand it.
Diabetes is the ultimate punishment.  Taking someone to a hospital is only
the treatment.
Having said that, I do think that all of you parents that have children with
diabetes have a great burden, and I am constantly impressed by the effort and
time and love you put into helping your kids.  I'm always glad that it's me
with the disease and not my kids.