RE: [IP] Sof+Tact

I second the large, ungainly comment.

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of margo2
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 2:27 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Sof+Tact

I just used the Sof-Tact as the maker wanted to use it as an
animal-validated meter. I personally think the meter is a horrid BIG
piece
of equipment, very ungainly to work with. It requires a lot of blood and
never could get it to work on the dog, and neither could my vet on her
dog.
I tried it on myself during the time I had it and did not like it one
bit.
It may not hurt, however, it 'vacuums' the skin up in the process of
drawing
the blood and it left me with little
blood-blister type things on my arm. You also get a lot of errors when
it
doesn't get enough blood and the strips are then ruined. I didn't bother
even comparing the values I did get on myself with my regular meter. I
personally wouldn't recommend this meter.

Margo