From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Donny Vernon
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 8:28 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Static Electricity & Minimed

"ESD or static electricity has been a problem with Minimed pumps since
at least
the 507 series, when I was looking at my 1st pump.  Obviously Minimed
has not
seen this a major problem to bother correcting.  I have not read of this
problem with any other pumps."

Harry,

Do not lump all of MM pumps into this category!  I have had a 508, 511,
& 512 and I have never had any problems with static electricity!  You
are dragging up old news to criticize Minimed. I work in a static
electricity environment and I receive shocks to myself all the time and
not once have I had a problem with my pump. YMMV according to your
environment and body type but I don't believe this an issue with the new
pumps.

Donny