[IP] DKA is what the dx was.

DKA is what the dx was.
It finally happened. For the first time ever my 12 yr. old had to go to
the hospital. On Monday she said she didn't feel well, like she was
getting a cold. Her tests were good. She went to bed at 168. Around 12
am she woke me up and said she had thrown up. She said her bs was 86. I
thought, ok so maybe she's getting the flu. In my half wakened state I
stupidly told her to go back to bed. Well turns out she tested at 504
but thought it was from her not washing her hands. So i'm thinking when
she tested again maybe she had water on her hands. She was up all night
throwing up. For some reason she didn't come tell me. I think she
completely loses all common sense when she her bs is high. Anyway she
looked like death in the morning. Pale skin , Sunken in eyes & face. The
worst I have ever seen her. BS of HI (over 600), her pump was on &
working fine  but the site was??? I don't know how many days old (she
used to change it herself). So the site was infected & the canual was
bent. I gave her a shot & changed her site. She had been sick before
last year but I nursed her back. I know I probably could have done it
again but I wanted her (This sounds bad & mean but....) to experience
going to the hospital getting A 20 gage I V , Getting labs ran a few
times & seeing how the Dr.'s & nurses reacted to her current condition.
Kind of a wake up call, saying "hey take care of yourself this is not a
game". They took her right back & started an IV. Ran labs & besides her
high bs, all her labs were good except she had an acid tone level of 10.
Normal is above 20. Does anyone have info on this?? They gave her one
more bag on the IV then redid the acid tone test. It went up to 14 so
they said she could go home.  If  it hadn't gone up they said they would
admit her. She also had meds for the nausea which completely knocked her
out. We were there 5 hrs. in the ER. Which I think was really good
considering how busy they normally are. Hopefully it woke her up to
reality. I'm thinking it did. She's been testing more & her bs's are
really good.......go figure.