Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:28:00 -0600
From: "Donny Vernon" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Static Electricity & Minimed

"ESD or static electricity has been a problem with Minimed pumps since
at least the 507 series, when I was looking at my 1st pump.  Obviously
Minimed has not seen this a major problem to bother correcting.  I have
not read of this problem with any other pumps."
Do not lump all of MM pumps into this category!  I have had a 508, 511,
& 512 and I have never had any problems with static electricity!  You
are dragging up old news to criticize Minimed. I work in a static
electricity environment and I receive shocks to myself all the time and
not once have I had a problem with my pump. YMMV according to your
environment and body type but I don't believe this an issue with the new

End of insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #640