[IP] Exercising

  I have a question on exercising. I've been adding time and distance to my
routine on the treadmill and I'm having trouble keeping up with my bg readings.
I'm a type II, my basel is 1.5 u and I do almost no bolus. In fact I checked and
over the last 30 days, my highest day was 6 units and lowest was 0. My endo
wants me to stay with that but I've come across this problem. I've read what the
book "Pumping Insulin" said on page 177 and with no bolus to work with, I can't
lower it 40%. (I weigh 186 so I doubled the 20) and I walk 2 miles and it takes
me 50 mins. I try to get my readings prior to getting on the treadmill above 160
but it's difficult. My 30 and 14 day average is 97. I'm having to eat carbs that
I do NOT want to eat just to get them high enough. And 45 mins later, I'm
running 70-74 and crashing fast. I have reactive hypoglycemia to my 2 hr
readings. I go really high at 2 hrs and extremely low at 3 unless I am really
careful. The book suggests lowering my insulin !
  rates but I don't know how. I don't have more than one basel. I know I could
follow the technical part of figuring it out on the pump but the practical part
of what time prior to exercising and how long after...those types of things.
HELP, please! Liz I'"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others
think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than
others think is possible." - Cadet maxim, U.S. Military Academy, West Point

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com