I remember having to boil my syringes and needles on the stove.   Once the
power went off and the whole family got up late.   I had to wait for the water
to boil my syringes and was late for school.   The principal didn't like my
 excuse and I had to stay for detention. My father even tried to tell him it was
"small potatoes" but I had to stay in detention anyway.   Tough old principal
and his name was George Bush.   No relation, of course.
What did WC Fields say?   "The good old days, hope they never come again!"
Jim D., retired k teacher in Ogdensburg, NY