[IP] Re: Insurance change

> In January my insurance will change from Aetna to BC of California (yes,
> I am in Michigan) and this policy has a limit on DME of $2000.  How do
> people with this limit do it?  Do you refill your reservoir and leave
> your sites in longer?  I have a 511 and this amount sure doesn't seem
> like it will be enough to cover a years worth of supplies.

Your coverage is a lot better than mine. Our DME is now $750 deductible,
then the ins. will pay 75% *up to* $500 afterwards. Three months' worth of
strips is more than that! I reuse all my reservoirs and my sites stay in 5
days. I'm trying to hold out getting a new pump (Bluda Sue's out of warranty
since March) until next May when I'll be on full Medicare. So what if I get
a rented pump? It'll work and I won't need to share it.

I'm afraid a lot of insurance companies are going to catch on to this
*practice* and it won't be so good for a lot of DMers anymore. YMMV

Right now I'm also using a lot of *discards* from Paradigm users who can no
longer use 50X series supplies. Good people, here!

Rules are rules, except for the exceptions.