RE: [IP] Extra insulin for high fat foods

I have read that fat can have this effect for up to 18hrs!!! For most
though, it probably doesn't cause problems for that long. I would count
on at least 6hrs. :-)

Take care, Kerri - IP Parents-of-Pumpers chat host and mom of Shannon
(email @ redacted 11/96, pumping email @ redacted 11/99, pumping email @ redacted 8/03 and loving
it!), and her 7 siblings  :-)

Donna said:

I would be interested in seeing the replies to this as well.  We thought
we had Meghan covered last night pretty good after we got her down from
267 5 hours after a high-fat dinner only for me to check her at 1:30
a.m. and find her 349!  Bolused 2 units and she woke up at a lovely 95.
I just can't imagine how it can kick in 8-9 hours later!