[IP] Static Electricity

My wife's 511 had a problem when changing batteries getting the pump display
to come back. We would put in 2 or 3 batteries before it would come back on.
I cleaned the contact on the cap and kind of pried it out a little to get a
better contact and it worked with the next battery. Called MM and they sent
us a new cap to try and we have not had a problem since. I called them back
to tell them that seemed to work and the lady said she had replaced the cap
on several and that seemed to work on all of them. We have a lot of static
in our house too but have never noticed a problem and we don't do anything
to prevent it. Try a new cap and see if it works.

Bill French
Supervisor, Customer Service
Data-Tronics Corp.