[IP] RE: Being a kid with diabetes-Way Back When

I was hospitalized in 1970 after being diagnosed.  I guess my BG was pretty
high, but I wasn't sick at all. I had to spend 7 days in there, they drew
blood out of my arm every six hours until they got the dose right.
I was so bored that they sent me down to Occupational therapy to do "basket
weaving" (and keep me out of trouble.)
I had never been away from home, and I cried a lot.  The only way my Mom could
keep me in there was to promise me Ballet lessons when I got out. I guess I
made her pay dearly--I took ballet for 25 years and made her pay for my
(ballet/theatre major) college education!