Re: [IP] Re:  being a kid with diabetes

 That's pretty amazing that so many developed the disease in the same immediate
family. I really don't know how common it is, but your mom really had her hands
full. Did type I run in her family before she had children?

 When I was diagnosed with the disease, we did not know of anyone else in the
family that had it. Thank God neither of my two sons or my five grandchildren
have it either. However my niece's 16 year old son has it; he was diagnosed at
the age of 10.