[IP] Re:  being a kid with diabetes

 My oldest brother was diagnosed in 1943 at the age of 4. (He is still doing
pretty well considering the duration of the disease. He did loose a leg a few
years ago, but had his BMW motorcycle fitted so that he could ride it anyway!

 Anyway, my mom said they only had Regular Insulin then and he had to take
several shots a day at that time. She was relieved when they came out with N.

 Unfortunately, my mom had 2 more with T1 many years later. My sister is the
only one of 4 children without diabetes.