RE: [IP] Re: being a kid with diabetes Way Back When

Ok...  I remember the tablets and the hot test tubes, however my
greatest memory is at diabetic summer camp in northern California.  I
told the staff I was low and they had me pee in the cup and said I was
not low.  I told them I was, and they had me pee again, and again said I
was not.  I told them again I was (persistent little kid).  So they
said, fine.. Do you want a blood test? and I said yes which surprised
them.  They took one and after awhile they came back with juice and
there was much discussion in the office.  They made a new rule that when
a child said they were low, a blood test must be done, not a urine test.
This would have been around 1970.

Dx. 1966, age 4