RE: [IP] Re: being a kid with diabetes Way Back When

At 09:41 PM 11/5/03 -0500, you wrote:
 >Brings back memories.  I remember those clinitest kits. I also remember
 >being at Joslin Clinic and gathering in the "lab room" with other
 >patients to mix and then boil our urinalysis test tubes.  And having my
 >earlobe lanced and squeezed to get the blood in a tiny pipette.  We've
 >sure come a long way!

I remember that too. I always wished that they could install a little tiny
faucet into my earlobe for a pain-free way to get the blood sample.  And it
would have been a major fashion statement to boot! Remember, this was
before people started putting safety clips in their cheeks.