From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Kim Baker
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 2:34 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Ketone Levels - What Does mmol/l Mean?

Hi Antonio
The documentation that comes with the Ketone test strips for my meter
state
the following,
'Normal levels are expected to be below 0.6 mmol/L but may increase
under
many circumstances.
Such as,
Fasting, Weight reduction, vigorous exercise, pregnancy or Diabetes.
With diabetes ketones may increase with illness or uncontrolled blood
glucose.
If ketones are between 0.6mmol/L and 1.5mmol/L and blood glucose is
greater
than 300 call your healthcare professional or follow their instructions
for
sick day management. If your ketones remain elevated or become greater
than
1.5mmol/L and blood glucose is greater than 300, call your healthcare
professional immediately. You may be at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.'

Don't know of any chart that might help you.
Cheers
Kim