[IP] re: pain with silhouettes

<<<<From: Pam Brown <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: pain with silhouettes
Does anyone else have incredible pain when inserting the silhouette set
into some places? I only started using sils a couple of months ago, and
only in places where I can't use the quicksets, like under my ribs where
I have no fat. Out of the maybe 20 times I've tried to use the sils, at
least half the time it's so painful when I try to insert it (manually),
that I have to withdraw the introducer needle and try another spot.
Often I have to try about 3 spots until I find one that doesn't hurt
like crazy. I'm not talking about the mild little pinch that I usually
feel with any set, but real pain. This seems to happen more on the
places where I have the least fat (basically just a 1/2 inch pinch of
skin). Is this just me or do others experience this? I hear everyone on
this site raving about sils, but so far, I'm not finding that to be
true. When I do get a good site, they feel fine once they're in, but
again, it's a real problem for me to insert them painlessly. I'd like to
h! ear other peoples' experiences. Thanks. Pam, dx'd 1989, pumping 10

I had the same kind of problems when I first started pumping, incredible
pain way too many times after I inserted that kind of set (I used the
Disetronic equivalent).  I almost
quit pumping over it.  Nice people on this list helped me and the help
people at Disetronic gave me some ideas and then they came out with the
ultraflex with the really short needle that goes straight in and I
became one very happy pumper.  I would never go back to the other kind
of set.
One thing they told me was to try putting it in at a lesser angle?
I don't know if that would help you are not.
Good luck with this.

pumping since 08-00