[IP] Re: being a kid with diabetes Way Back When

Len asked:
>  >Hey tom... do you have the black plastic kit box , with the test tube,
> > the eye dropper, and the bottle in it ?
>  >(and i think a small card the size of the box, which was like 2 by 3
> by 1)

Tom replied:
I have two Clinitest plastic kits (one still has a dropper, a dirty
test tube, and a not quite empty bottle of tablets), but the cases are
not black, they are light gray cream colored. >>>

I add:
I still have my old set and it is also gray creamish colored, as was the one
sent to me as a gift from Bayer in 2000 and my first one in 1950 before the
test tube broke and had to be replaced. The black ones must have come out
for a short time. I never saw one, although I didn't need to keep looking
since I had one. I still have a mostly-used bottle of Acetest tablets (no
ketones then) to test for acetone. They were put on a piece of white paper
then a few drops of urine were dripped on top and we watched the color it
turned. I have the instructions for both the Clinitest and the Acetest but
can't go downstairs to find them to prove the actual # of drips due to
severe leg pains caused by sitting in a La*Z*Boy 5 hours at a stretch 3x a

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it; for
example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is wrinkles don't hurt