From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of ruth jennison
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 9:53 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] insurance for the pump; bra question; romantic weekends

hi there all,

im doing my saline trial at the moment, which is interesting-- all of the
annoyance of the pump with none of the benefits!!!!

1. anyway: do any of you have extra insurance on your pump? or is it
covered under homeowners?
i suddenly realized, i could lose this thing (in some weird accident or
something). if you lose it, will health insurance pay again? what if it is
stolen? has anyone taken  out secondary insurance on their pumps?

2. anyone recommend any bras that are particularly good for holding the
pump in the middle, between your breasts? i have some that ive found
comfortable,  but thought I'd ask the experienced pumpers out there.

3. im having a romantic weekend the week after i go on the pump. id like to
just go back to my injection routine for that weekend. do any of y'all do
this? seems like i'll just take the pump off when i usually take my lantus,
stay on lantus till the end of the weekend and put it back on when i return
when im supposed to take another lantus shot? of course ill ask my cde at
pump class, but i was interested to hear if this switcharoo was common

As always,

Ruth Jennison
University of California, Berkeley
Dept. of English