From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Pam Brown
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 8:14 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: pain with silhouettes

 Does anyone else have incredible pain when inserting the silhouette set
some places? I only started using sils a couple of months ago, and only
places where I can't use the quicksets, like under my ribs where I have
no fat.
Out of the maybe 20 times I've tried to use the sils, at least half the
it's so painful when I try to insert it (manually), that I have to
withdraw the
introducer needle and try another spot. Often I have to try about 3
spots until
I find one that doesn't hurt like crazy. I'm not talking about the mild
pinch that I usually feel with any set, but real pain. This seems to
happen more
on the places where I have the least fat (basically just a 1/2 inch
pinch of
skin). Is this just me or do others experience this? I hear everyone on
site raving about sils, but so far, I'm not finding that to be true.
When I do
get a good site, they feel fine once they're in, but again, it's a real
for me to insert them painlessly. I'd like to h!
 ear other
 peoples' experiences. Thanks. Pam, dx'd 1989, pumping 10 years.