-----Original Message-----

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:05:53 EST
From: email @ redacted

> With the Sil, you carefully insert a standard insulin syringe through
> the middle of the silastic seal (the white patch about 1/8 inch
> dia.). Don't stick the needle in too deep as it will pierce the
> catheter on the other side which will cause a leak -- guess how we
> found out :-)

In the little direction booklet that comes with the Sil sets, it
explains how
to do this. Also, it suggests that you put the little 1/2 disc protector

 cover on and it has a little hole all ready and lined up for injection,
plus, it prevents inserting the syringe needle to far. Hope this
helps...(and yes, you can do the same with Sof-sets as you can with
the Quick Sets)