Re: [IP] being a kid with diabetes

Len Lutz said:
"BTW, When I did it, (1956) (and, yes, im sure it was

I smartly reply:

Sounds like you tested about as often as I did, Len.
I MIGHT have peed in that cup & used the eye dropper
ONCE as well.

The only thing that test told me was whether or not I
had sugar in my urine.  It was NOT a planning tool -
more like driving down the highway while looking out
the back of the car.

I got where I am today NOT because of that stupid
test, but because I have been lucky.  There is no
logical explanation how I have been able to avoid
complications - especially after years of HbA1c tests
in the 15 range.

Oh - and also due to my father's research into insulin
durations and his decision to have me begin multiple
daily injections in 1974 - BEFORE my physician was on
board.  (It paid to be related to my dad).

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?