Re: [IP] Re: injecting through the set port?

In a message dated 11/3/2003 3:13:59 PM Alaskan Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> might i inquire, as to the reason for doing this ??
Umm, you go fishing for the day, and your pump breaks when you are 5 miles
 downriver in a canoe? Or, if you just need to be without your pump for a while,
for what ever reason, Or, I have done so, when I know that I have enough in
 the pump for the night, and need to change the site the next day, but would run
out if I take that bolus for dinner, so I inject the dinner bolus, and then
change the whole thing during shower time the next am. Just various reasons.
 Then, you don't have to inject (poke) yourself numerous times, since you
already have the port available.