Re: [IP] Re: injecting through the set port?

In a message dated 11/3/2003 2:58:58 PM Alaskan Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> With the Sil, you carefully insert a standard insulin syringe through
> the middle of the silastic seal (the white patch about 1/8 inch
> dia.). Don't stick the needle in too deep as it will pierce the
> catheter on the other side which will cause a leak -- guess how we
> found out :-)

In the little direction booklet that comes with the Sil sets, it explains how
to do this. Also, it suggests that you put the little 1/2 disc protector
 cover on and it has a little hole all ready and lined up for injection, plus,
prevents inserting the syringe needle to far.
Hope this helps...(and yes, you can do the same with Sof-sets as you can with
the Quick Sets)