Do you take the plastic needle cover off first?  (A must)
I then start peeling the paper off the wider end, usually do this slowly
so I do not stretch the sticky part.  I then lightly hold the peeled
part like a cowboy hat, peel the front shorter end off. Then, insert sit
into target area, run finger along tape to secure it well, press finger
on wider end, pull blue needle thingie straight out.  (Push needle/site
in fast to get it over with!)  Of course, site is priming as I remove
tape.)  Good luck.  Linda K (One who is very happy with Ultraflexes!)