[IP] Re:; A back up

> ive been at it for 47 years, i am well past the 30000 plus....,

Are you sure of that calculation? Most long-termers were on one or two shots
a day for decades. MDI (MULTIPLE - more than 2 - Daily Injections) accounts
for most people's racking up the count. I have been at it for 53 years (in 2
more days) and for 31 years had one shot a day, then 2 years 2 shots a day.
I ain't no where's near qualified for the 24,900 club but Michael allows me
to stay. ;-)

> But more, im not sure how to make it work. do i take my basal, which is
> (+/-) unit per hour, every hour.

Yep - if you inject every 4 hours, multiply that and get 5 unit injection.
Don't forget the bolus amount for a meal added or plus.

> Id assume, that those pumping longer then 4 years, keep there old pump,
> have it as a backup.....

Ummm - I'm on my 5th pump and the only one I have is the CPI Betatron 9200
that can no longer get supplies. I had to turn my others in as trade-ins.

Can't find a tagline - gotta run to dialysis NOW!