Re: [IP] lows at night & being a kid with diabetes

In a message dated 11/03/2003 2:35:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
In 1957 there was no home glucose testing. Testing meant catching some urine,
putting however many drops (I don't remember) of both urine and water into a
tube, then dropping in a Clinitest tablet, waiting for it to boil and change
colors, then comparing the color to a chart. I did not ever test during the
night and it was never a problem. They did not test me during the night in the
hospital either.

We've come a long way since then!

Sybil it was 4 drops, and if you went back to Tom's start you boiled the
Benidicks solution on the stove. In the 50's they came out with the clinitest
 tabs. I saw a lot of orange tests unless I was on the ball field running around
then it would be blue
                                      Roger C