[IP] no no not needles (was a back up)

Len wrote:
>ive been at it for 47 years, i am well past the 30000 plus...., and i
>ive become terrified of needles....
>(you should see me shake, during an a1c.... its a howl....)

Len I thought I was the only one!  I mean how can you be diabetic and
be scared of needles?  I have been moving around and going to knew
endos in order to find one that would support the pump and they always
order a HbA1c.  This last time he tried to get me to go after I had
just gone 2 months earlier.  I said, "Oh no, I still have 4 long weeks
before I have to do that again."  He reassured me it was no big deal
and he wanted some other blood work done too.  So I went.  I had
learned from previous experiences I how to say "sometimes I pass out"
in spanish just in case.  Sure enough I was right!  But those people
were really nice and of course I woke up and I felt like myself half a
day later. :D

That is one of the best things about the pump.  Sometimes I stretch my
site changes to 4 days.  I would stretch it further if my conscious
would let me.  Also I fear infection.

Most of the time I still have to count, "3, 2, 1, shoot!"

Do you Yahoo!?