[IP] Re: lows at night and being a kid with diabetes

In a message dated 11/2/03 6:13:57 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  Maybe you didn't know
> this, but teen boys are the highest risk group in dying in their
> sleep from nighttime lows.  Diabetes Interview published an article
> on this a while back.  Rare occurrence, but does happen.  You stated
> in an earlier e-mail that your nighttime lows woke you as a teen.
> That's great.  But not all people are that lucky.  And I'm not
> leaving something this important to chance.  You call it "supervising
> and watching," I call it smart and loving parenting.

I know of this through the loss of children in our area....it happens...my
daughter always has insisted on doing her own tests (dx just after she turned
four)...I honor that and wake her to test...will she do it when on her own? I
 don't know but I choose to watch closely while she is under my
is tough on everyone involved......we all try to make informed decisions and
like everything else, this is a personal choice..