[IP] ketones

I would personally not waste the energy with the meter that measures your
 ketones. You do NOT have to measure your ketones every time you test your blood
- seems like over kill, since the whole point of pumping and frequent blood
 testing is to keep the blood sugars in a relatively NORMAL range. Instead, buy
a bottle of those foil wrapped keto-stix - they last AGES and when you have a
consistent run of high numbers, you can check for ketones.

You are not gonna drop dead if you pass a few ketones...hell, them protein
diet people even have a brand of food called "Keto-something"...I saw them at
the grocery store!!  very high protein based food - the goal of which is to
 INCREASE ketone production (ketones are basically a by-product of burning fat
muscle - an inefficient way to create energy for the body when it does not get
enough glucose to operate properly).  My dad, back in the late 70s was on one
of those liquid protein diets and he used to borrow my ketodiastix to see how
he was doing on his diet! (god knows I wasn't using them...even then I knew
they were USELESS at measuring my BLOOD sugar).

what I want is a meter that is ACCURATE 100% of the time, and I want the
standard acceptable deviation to be under 5% - i know, I know...dream on
 grasshopper...they are gonna throw more money at inhalable insulins and
transmissions of inaccurate bloodsugars before they start working on something
REALLY important...

Sara Smarty Pants
(didja miss me?)