From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 5:55 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: backup plan for pump failure= which insulin to

In a message dated 11/2/03 8:08:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> At that time I only had regular insulin with me, so I was taking shots
> every 4 hours around the clock. Since then, I have a prescription for
> and
> ultralente and instructions for dosing, just in case

I have never had to go on shots due to pump falure.  I was wondering
insulin combination do most people use.  I always have humalog on hand
for my
pump and I thought that I could give shots of humalog every four hours
as my
 basals and additional shots of humalog for meals. I would hope to get a
in two days