[IP] re: CGMS for consumers

<<Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 09:39:12 -0800
From: "The Ford's" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP] CGMS for consumers

How does it work ??
How does "it" get under skin and why only 5 days ?
When will we have no need for meters ??
I spend A LOT more $$ on test strips than anything.
Sure I am not alone.>>>

Now I don't know that you wouldn't have to calibrate it with
a few finger sticks like the CGMS does.  She didn't say.
It goes under the skin just like you put your cannula under the
skin for insulin delivery with your pump.
It gets changed every 5 days probably to preserve the tissue,
just like we need to change our sites every 3 days.

Sounds really interesting doesn't it?

What I'm really wondering is if my insurance would cover this?

pumping since 08-00