Re: [IP] Re: backup plan for pump failure= which insulin to use?

In a message dated 11/2/03 8:08:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> At that time I only had regular insulin with me, so I was taking shots
> every 4 hours around the clock. Since then, I have a prescription for NPH
> and
> ultralente and instructions for dosing, just in case

I have never had to go on shots due to pump falure.  I was wondering which
insulin combination do most people use.  I always have humalog on hand for my
pump and I thought that I could give shots of humalog every four hours as my
 basals and additional shots of humalog for meals. I would hope to get a new
in two days