Re: [IP] Other pump experiences?

My pump did stop on a New Year's eve; I just connected the second one right
then and there and did not have to be concerned.   I had been off long-term
 insulin for some time and I do not keep any. It would just sit there and go
 Do the rest of you who don't have an extra pump keep long-term insulin?  I
wouldn't even know how much or how often to take it if I had to go back to it

Disetronics also has top notch customer service; I couldn't ask for any
 better. I could give examples of when I felt they went above and beyond the
of duty but space doesn't permit it here.  Obviously if being waterproof is
something a person needs, then another brand would be better; however I think
this is something that all pump companies will work on as time goes along.

Regarding traveling, my company has people who are required to travel
extensively all over the world.  The nature of our business sometimes requires
 certain people to travel without notice when a call comes in. One such person
is a
diabetic with a Disetronics pump (not myself); I think he would have a serious
problem if he did not have a backup pump.

All things considered I feel it gives me much more security.  My body would
like not do very well if I had to go back to injections for even a few days; I
can see it being a real dilemma.
So I have a wonderful product, a backup pump, excellent customer service; the
only thing I am missing is the waterproofness which is not a problem for me.
 That's why I have chosen not to go to another brand even though Disetronics
cannot sell new pumps in the U.S. right now; I'm sure that parent Roche will
be able to work out the FDA's concerns.

In a message dated 11/2/03 12:06:54 AM Central Standard Time, email @ redacted