Re: [IP] Re: lows at night & being a kid with diabetes

Hi Cindy,

I didn't even try to imply that Noah did not take care enough himself or
that he does not bother. Actually, I cannot judge that at all as he is
never writting in here (maybe I missed it). And that is in fact the
point. It is not him not caring enough but more the other way around.
Does he see his night lows as a problem? Does he ask you to take his bgs
at night and to wake him up? What are his ideas to handle this problem?
Maybe he should be in here and doing the discussion about HIS problem (if
he sees it that way)?

How much is the whole diabetes thing his problem (or whatever)? Just
to stress my point:

>The only diabetes-related thing we have a problem with is his nighttime
lows, which are
>infrequent, but do happen from time to time. I will continue to
>test him at night until we figure out another solution. As I said,
>I think we'll have to adjust his late night eating habits. As for

Don't get my wrong but it is very easy to get the impression that you are
in fact managing/controlling the whole diabetes business.

Personally I would get extremely mad if my mother was getting involved
that much. I would feel supervised and watched (like not being trusted).

Tina