[IP] Chris, Your response to Brent

Dear Chris,
    I want to commend you for your response to Brent!
    Thank you for the time you took in writing your response. People who have
negative attitudes about what to spend or not on their pets, obviously don't
have pets!
    I have a poodle that I bred to give a pup to my severely disabled son.
These are registered dogs and I COULD HAVE made quite a bit from this
adventure but I didn't. As I prayed, the first pup born was all black like my
son's caretakers wanted (he's almost 30). The last pup was born multi colored
and normal size like the first. I was shocked at the size of the middle puppy
born at only 2 ounces and maybe 2 inches long. I gave her itty bitty CPR
several times and kept her incubated in my cleavage which was the BEST place
she could be, wrapped in a 3x3 tiny fleece blanket. "Little Bit" had good
instincts to nurse but didn't have the strength to get the milk she needed, so
I tube fed her for a month. EVERY 2-3 hours I fed this itty bitty baby. It
always seemed like I would just finish up and get everyone settled (Mama put
the puppies around me to sleep !) and then it was time to tube feed Little Bit
again! I got so worn down that I developed bronchial pneumonia. I was so
exhausted and it took weeks to get better. Having t1 Diabetes made things
super challenging. However, I've had diabetes for almost 40 years. This is my
life and I wouldn't want to stop living just because it's difficult!
    I had to have several trips to the vet to care for the pups so, with the
special formula and vet bills, I had spent a huge amount. I had to withhold
payments, etc., so I could take care of these pups, especially Little Bit!
Doing this on a disability income was really challenging, to say the least!
ALL IN ALL: Would I do it all again?  Ahhhhhhh, IN A HEART BEAT! More than
anything, having the chance to give something this big to my son is an
opportunity I wouldn't have missed. Having those puppies was SUCH a delightful
experience and all three puppies have homes where they are truly a blessing
and so adored !
    My son has learned how to throw the ball for his dog! AND she brings it
right back. THAT's a mini miracle in of itself! IT's huge! It's been such a
awesome thing. This is the biggest thing I've ever been able to give my son,
My neighbor who had never been married and has no children, fell so in love
with the third puppy that I knew I couldn't find a better home AND she treats
her just like ~her precious child!!! They were destined to be together.
Certainly, my Little Bit is still with me! She's now two years old, is two
pounds and an absolute delight! She's a very small teacup poodle and SUCH a
    So, you see when I read your response, I was tickled! Now that my children
are grown and raising their own children my dogs ARE my kids! BRAVO!

Blessings, Kathleen