[IP] Re: Other pump experiences/ New technology

I would say that what the Minimed sales rep told you is no surprise.  Each and
every pump company is going to be and is probably currently involved in all
the research you mentioned.  Who does what before who is anyone's guess.
While it is certainly important to visit with the reps and discuss what they
have to offer, it is only natural that they are going to promote the
technology that they are currently working on. That said, I imagine if you sat
down with a rep from the top companies, you would hear that the same research
is going on with each and every one.  I'm certainly no scientist, but when you
boil it down the focus of research is all heading down the same pump path.
(no pump wars please.)