Re: [IP] Pumping Pooch

I used to have a diabetic dog. I always told everyone that she inherited it
from me.  :>)
I had to give her injections of NPH twice daily; she did not have a very good
life after being DX even though she lived for several more years.  She
 developed diabetic cataracts for which I borrowed the money to have them
removed and
lens inserts implanted.  There were many trips to the emergency vet at
 nighttime for which we usually paid about $200 just to walk in the door, then
the
 treatment was extra. She developed a number of other diabetic complications and
we spent a small fortune before she died in 1999.  We are just average
ordinary people who have to work hard for a living.  But we loved this furbaby
 dearly and if we could have done anthing else at all to make things better for
her,
we would have done it gladly.

Sybil