Re: [IP] Other pump experiences?

Hello all;
    I just met with a rep from Minimed and I wanted to run what he said by
others in the same situation.  I currently have an H-tron plus, but am
thinking about changing to the Paradyme 712 with the larger resevoir to that
in the 512.  The rep talked about the following advantages, as compared to
staying with the H-tron or changing to the Deltec Cozmos.
1.  Mini med is the only company with radio frequency communication with the
glucometer...better than a direct connection ie with the Cosmos pump, in
that the risk of the connection getting dirty and therefore less accurate is
reduced.  Also said that the combination of the pump and the glucometer in
the Deltec pump made it alot thicker. Any experience?
2.  There is a pending law suit with Deltec Cosmos...something about them
having copied Minimed's patented technology for the communication between
the pump and the glucometer.  He thinks they will win.
3.  He said that there is a target date for  a continual loop between an
insertable blood glucose system in the cannula of the insertion system...6
months for a hi low alarm system and a year for a continual blood glucose
monitoring linked to their pump, with a palm pilot like device to read and
interpret results.  Is this what others are being told?  Is Deltec Cosmos
anywhere near this technology?
4.  Also said there is a target date for a surgically implanted insulin pump
in 2007....any move towards this with other pumps and do we know how
probable the FDA approval is?

     This possible new technology is really very exciting and my tendency is
to go with a company that is so close to giving me a software upgrade that
will cost me something but no where near the cost of a new pump.  Let me
know what others think.  I know I have really liked working with Disetronic
and will fell disloyal changing but the changes talked about sound so good
and so imminent!
     Thanks, Fran