RE: [IP] Ultra Smart and OneTouch Sofware Questions

Hello there,

By "lighten the screen" do you mean turn on the backlight?  If so, the
way you do that is by holding down the OK button for 2 seconds.

The UltraSmart uses the same cable as the Ultra.  However, you must use
the new version of the software for it to communicate with the
UltraSmart.  Perhaps this is what you are having difficulty with.  If
not, then you can call the technical support number for LifeScan, found
in the Help section of the software.

Is there a specific reason why you don't like the new software?  I have
not compared them, but the new software seems essentially similar to the
old.  BTW, I just spoke with LifeScan Wednesday and they are going to
release a new version of the software that prints in color.  This would
be helpful for printing reports for your healthcare professionals which
highlight the high, low and normal readings.  Of course, they couldn't
say when the new version would be released, but said probably some time
in 2004.

Antonio in Los Angeles
Age 37, Type 1 for 10 years
On MiniMed Paradigm 511, upgrading soon to the 512