[IP] Ultra Smart Questions

Does anyone know if the Ultra Smart will use the same cables as the Ultra
meter (the old one?) I cant get the cable and the new meter to connect but I
sure hate switching between meters and cables especially since I have two
Ultra  meters to download from and adapters to use.
Also, does the Smart work with the old In Touch software? I don't like the new
one they came out with.
And finally, does the Ultra meter really allow you to lighten the screen?
Mine isnt very easy to read!