[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #624

In a message dated 11/1/2003 2:13:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #623

Gordon, I have a good endo, he just believes ( i.e.no research) that
the small dose of steroids that we take for AD would NOT be a factor of
BG levels. SInce I've been AD much longer than diabetic..... I don't
know. Someone who has had the reverse (T1 before AD) might have a
different perspective.

What are you taking and how many mgs? I will tell you that I am a RN and I
 review hospital charts for a living. When most patients are put on steroids, in
the hospital, they are also put on a sliding scale insulin coverage, whether
they had a previous history of diabetes or not. Steroids just play havoc with
your glucose levels.