[IP] kidney question

I am on cozaar, 25 mg, because I was spilling protein in my urine (have been
on Diovan or Cozaar for about 2-3 years).
About once a year, I get a terrible bladder/kidney infection where my back
hurts, urgency when urinating, fever, etc.
I have noticed that within the past 2 weeks, I have been getting weak (I work
out, kickbox and step aerobics 6 days a week for an hour and have had problems
the past few weeks keeping up), retaining water in my ankles and fingers,
decreased appetite, and my urine looks like Amber Bach at times.  These are
totally different kidney symptoms than I usually get.  I do plan on calling my
endo today- I didn't put all the pieces of the puzzle together until last
I am scared.  I am 26, been on the pump for 4 years, athletic, and have a
great A1C.  Of course, I neglected my diabetes during my teenage years with
I want to hear from those of you who have gone through the same thing (with
kidneys), someone who can maybe offer some support, encouragement, and just
someone who understands.  I don't know how serious this is.  Your help would
really be appreciated.