[IP] FWD Publication

Dear friends,

Friends With Diabetes has just published a magazine which is also
available to download (PDF) from our website.
The electronic version of our winter issue is separated in 2 files:

The file: "Winter - English.PDF" (3.7 MB) Features the Jewish winter holidays
Chanukah, (calculating carbs in homemade recipes) Tu B'Shevat (effective carb
factors, glycemic index of fruits), Purim (drinking and exercising, junk
food/nosh for children).

The file: "Winter - In Control.PDF" (2.8 MB) features Rise and Shine (morning
numbers - Dawn Phenomenon), Breakfast Smarts, Choosing a food Scale,
Smart Scale (Instructions for the Soehnle Scale), Meters in the Cold, Low
Carb Dieting, Trans Fats, Counting Carbs in school using plain plastic cups,
and much more. (the file is currently missing some pages, we hope to update it

We would suggest, you should rather download the file to your own
computer before trying to open it.  You can do so by right-clicking (on your
computer's mouse) on the links, and choose "Save Target As...".

The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (5.0) is needed to view or print
these files, it will not open in prior versions.  You can download their
latest version free from their website, click on

Wishing you all a Happy Chanukah.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes