[IP] Re: From Humalog to Novolog: Making the Switch

Mattias  - I switched from Humalog to Novolog about a year ago.  With Humalog
I had to mix with regular insulin to get the site to last more than 2 days.
With Novolog I generally go 3 1/2 days but have gone longer without higher
blood sugars just some trouble with redness at the site and I don't have to
mix with anything so that is a real plus.  I didn't change the amount of
insulin I used but found I had better, more consistent BS.  Also with Humalog,
when my BS was closer to normal I had some trouble with hypo-unawareness which
is scarey.  I have not had that problem with the Novolog.

Some people have better luck with Humalog.  You might try it and see if you
can go longer with your sites.

Laurie
Type 1 - 29 years, pumping 3+ years