[IP] Re: From Humalog to Novolog: Making the Switch

Mattias  - I switched from Humalog to Novolog about a year ago.  With Humalog
I had to mix with regular insulin to get the site to last more than 2 days.
With Novolog I generally go 3 1/2 days but have gone longer without higher
blood sugars just some trouble with redness at the site and I don't have to
mix with anything so that is a real plus.  I didn't change the amount of
insulin I used but found I had better, more consistent BS.  Also with Humalog,
when my BS was closer to normal I had some trouble with hypo-unawareness which
is scarey.  I have not had that problem with the Novolog.

Some people have better luck with Humalog.  You might try it and see if you
can go longer with your sites.

Type 1 - 29 years, pumping 3+ years