Re: [IP] Re: happy thanksgiving from Canada

This was my first Thanskgiving as a diabetic. I spent almost as much time
inputting and perfecting my recipe data into Master Cook as I spent cooking.
I then took the nutrition info and put it into the CalorieKing on my PDA.
This prep time really paid off. My highest reading today was 139 and I have
taken 10 readings so far. I kept expecting the fat delay to kick in and sky
rocket but it never did. I did not skimp on eating either. I had the full
meal deal with turkey, gravy, corn bread dressing, sweet potatoes with
marshmellows, rolls, corn pudding, green bean casserole, stewed tomatoes,
jello salad and cranberry relish.   I did opt for my pumpkin pie over the my
pecan pie after checking out the calorie difference. I took our guests out
for an hour long walk before serving desert so I would not have to take the
insulin all at once. The most I have ever taken is 4 units and by my
calculations the meal + dessert was going to require between 6 and 7 units.
I had been a bit down earlier in the week with medical problems so this was
a bright moment in what started out as a glum week.

Hope the rest of those celebrating our wonderful day of thanks had an
equally satisfying day and I thank our neighbors to the north for their good